This little trick will save you time and money during laundry time and you’ll never worry about running out of dryer sheets again. You’re going to love this alternative to dryer sheets!
Static Cling is Not Your Friend
I actually really like my dryer sheets and can always tell right away when I’ve forgotten to add one in. Static cling when you’re trying to fold a load of laundry quickly is not your friend. I use a brand that’s natural, biodegradable, healthier, safer, and smells great, but it’s still nice to know there’s another option out there for when I run out. Plus it’s just neat to do little experiments and try stuff out!
You start out with 2-3 sheets of aluminium foil (*update: The sheets were about a foot long each, although I don’t think exact size matters*) and you ball them up together.
Then you toss it into your dryer along with your clothes! That’s it!
The ball came out looking a little smoother afterwards from bumping around in there, but other than that, no real visible change.
You’re Now Static-Free
And the laundry? Well, it still looked just like laundry but it was completely static-free! It’s a little bit amazing. AND, you can supposedly use the same ball for up to a year!
Did I really just show you a big ol’ pile of my laundry waiting to be folded? Yes I did.
I hope this one comes in handy for you next time you run out of dryer sheets, or if you just want to do a little experimenting like me.
I love little tricks like this!
Do you have another alternative to dryer sheets that you use?
- How to properly clean your dryer’s lint trap
- How to finally start drying your clothes on a clothesline
- DIY Fabric Softener for Just Pennies!
- Believe it or not, there’s a right way to mop!
- The simplest, most straightforward closet organization ideas that no one’s using
- How to REALLY clean your gas stove
- How to paint old wall paneling so it looks positively amazing when you’re done!
- The no-sweat natural way to remove labels and glue from jars
- DIY homemade air freshener spray
- The Creek Line House homekeeping tips and tricks archives
This post contains affiliate links.