This is the best tear-free onion chopping trick. With this technique you’ll be dicing, slicing, chopping and cutting onions without tears.
This. THIS is a good one.
I’ve heard all kinds of old wives tales about how to stop yourself from crying when you’re cutting onions. Haven’t you? Do any of them really work?
Not for me, they don’t.
It’s amazing how dramatic dinner preparation can get sometimes when you take a sweet little onion, that brings so much joy and flavor to your dishes, and try to actually put it into whatever you’re cooking.
It’s worth the tears and all, but why go through that if you don’t have to? Which is why people are always trying to figure out how to do that. And failing.
Well, the one trick that does work is really simple. So, so simple. Like, so simple I feel funny even writing a whole post about it. Like, caveman simple.
Cutting Onions Without Tears
Me. Jane. Fire. Make. Onion. No. Ouchie.
So that’s it.
In case you don’t speak caveman, all you need to do is light a candle next to where you’re working and the flame will burn most of the evil tear-creating onion juices out of the air. It really works! I think it’s kinda like when you have a fireplace on and the air gets really dry because the fire burns all the moisture out of the air.
The Creek Line House – How to Dice an Onion
Anyway. It’s amazing. And it makes me happy. Or at least it makes me look happier when I’m cutting onions! Ha!
Try it out!
Do you have a favourite trick for cutting onions without tears?
- How to clean your floors: Believe it or not, there’s a right way to mop!
- How to keep your bathroom mirrors from fogging up
- The simplest, most straightforward closet organization ideas that no one’s using
- Easy 3 Ingredient Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
- How to clear up a nasty sinus cold using essential oils!
- How to clean and deodorize your pet beds naturally
- The Creek Line House homekeeping tips and tricks archives