The very best DIY natural ant killer recipe that you can make with ingredients you already have at home! This stuff really works!
I don’t know about you, but around this time every year, I seem to get ants popping up around the house and having the recipe for the best homemade natural ant killer has really come in handy. Sometimes there are a whole bunch of them, sometimes it’s just a few, but they always show up. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that this is an old house and there are probably lots of little holes in the walls for them to get through. This easy homemade ant killing solution has been just the ticket to solve this pest problem for me.
Why I Decided to Try This Out
This year, I’ve only seen a few in my bathroom. Last year though, our living room was practically taken over all of a sudden. Someone must have dropped a piece of cookie one day and that was it. They were coming from a corner of the room and no amount of cleaning or squashing could keep them from coming back. For some reason, I just can never bring myself to put out those scary poisonous-looking ant traps that you can buy in stores. They freak me out, so I’ve always just kind of suffered with ants and tried to squish them as I saw them. Then I discovered this magical little recipe and they were gone within 24 hours. Completely. They haven’t been back to the living room this year either!
It’s so simple but so powerful.
Ingredients for the Best Homemade Natural Ant Killer
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of Borax. (Update! The box now looks like this: Borax Laundry Booster, 76 oz Box)
Mix it all together and you’re ready to take action!
If you have pets or kids, you’ll want to keep the solution away from them. A little is okay but too much can cause problems so it’s better to be safe. One idea is to put it in an old plastic container with holes poked in the lid for the ants to get in and put a little bit of plain sugar water (no Borax) outside of the container to lure the ants over.
Since we still have these old peel ‘n stick floors here’s what I do:
I pour a little puddle of the killing juice on the floor…
…and I take an old tupperware lid and place it over top. I propped it up with a little piece of chalk to give the ants enough room to get in.
Placement is key
However you set up your solution, you’ll want to place it right where you previously saw the ants walking to be sure they find it. Once they do, they’ll go get all their buddies and they’ll all carry it back to the nest. Everyone will party and have a big feast and then they’ll die.
Now it’s sounding really mean and cruel, but trust me, you’ll be glad you won’t be worrying about ants again this year! So now you know the best homemade natural ant killer recipe! Good luck with your ants!
These might come in handy too!
- How to Use SALT to Finally Get Your Weeds Under Control!
- How to Edge a New Flower Garden
- How to Harvest Basil for Strong, Healthy, Productive Plants
- How to cure a nasty sinus cold using essential oils!
- 10 Good to Know Uses for Epsom Salts
- How to keep your home from being taken over by pet fur
- How to actually use all of those vacuum cleaner attachments
- How to clean smelly sports gear naturally
- How to clean bet beds naturally
- How to Clean Your Floors: Believe it or not there’s a right way to mop!
- How to Clean Your Microwave Naturally with No Scrubbing!
- The No-Sweat Chemical Free Way to Remove Labels and Glue From Jars
- Homekeeping Tips and Tricks Archives
- Natural Solutions Archives
This post contains affiliate links.