This moss bowl centerpiece makes a great addition to a coffee table, console, or on a shelf! It’s easy to make, on-trend, and works well as an alternative to a plant if you have an area with low-light.
I just wanted to share this super quick idea with you today! It’s really ridiculously simple, but I love the earthy effect this piece brings to a space. It’s one piece that I find I’ve been able to enjoy in my own home, but I’m also reaching for it over and over again when I’m planing the styling for other homes for our photography business. It looks great in a modern space, or in a space that’s a little more traditional and it kind of works for multiple seasons too. Plus, dollar store moss is a key player here, so what’s not to love?
Materials Needed for the Moss Bowl Centerpiece
- A bowl – The one I used is actually a planter, but any large bowl with about a 9-10″ diameter should give you the right look for this project and since there will be no water or soil used, an actual planter isn’t necessary.
- One package of dollar store moss
- Two plastic grocery store bags
How to Put Together Your Moss Bowl Centerpiece
Start out by first scrunching up your two plastic grocery bags and placing them in the bottom of your bowl. These act as your lightweight, free, non-messy filler.
Next, take your moss out of the packaging. If you look at it closely, you’ll notice that it’s not just one big clump, but rather a few layers of sheets of moss. Peel the layers apart and begin to lay them one-by-one over the plastic bags.
Finish covering the whole top of the bowl with moss…
…and then clean up because you’ll probably have made a big mess. Ha! The good news is that the moss will completely stay together in the bowl once you have the whole thing assembled and won’t shed all over the place if you decide to move it around your house. I’ve tested it out and it’s highly transportable. 🙂
So that’s all there is to it! Find a home for your moss bowl and enjoy maintenance-free greenery!
MORE IDEAS LIKE THIS
- How to Update a Tired Gallery Wall
- Ruggable Washable Rugs Review
- How to Fix Stretched Succulents
- Top Ten Favourite Dollar Store Home Decor Finds
- The Creek Line House Decorating Archives
This post contains affiliate links.