So I made my own! And I like them waaay more than anything I've seen in the stores.
I used various different sizes of cereal boxes to get me started. I think it gives them kind of a custom look.
The insides aren't pretty, but who cares, right? I painted the sides in a light brown and then used a glue stick to attach some burlap to the fronts.
I trimmed all the edges in some twine. The only thing that cost me any money were the little metal "handle" things. I splurged and bought two different packs of ten in two different sizes. So that was about $3. I found them in the "conduit" section of the hardware store.
I was asked three different times if I needed help and on two of those times, I was definitely addressed as "young lady". I kind of felt like I was in trouble for being in that section of the store. But I pushed forward and bought my conduit,um,.. thingies!
This is an idea I've seen floating around the internets once or twice, so it's nothing original, but I really like the way mine turned out.
These are going to have a special new home very soon, and I'll let you see as soon as I actually get that project done. You know how it is!
Update: I've decided this is my favourite project for the month of March! I'm joining the "Best DIY Projects of March" party here!